Molecular Stethoscope is an early-stage molecular diagnostics company engaged in transcriptomic research and development in San Diego, California. Our mission is to improve patient health through the development of cutting-edge molecular tests. We are looking for a Research Associate (RA) with a strong background in RNA based molecular diagnostics. As a RA, you will have the opportunity to be an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team and assist in the development of our current and future product pipeline. You will be responsible for supporting the development of assays/processes that adhere to clinical quality and regulatory guidelines. The successful candidate is expected to conduct his/her job responsibilities with a high degree of accuracy and professionalism.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop, characterize and optimize assay protocols and reagents
- Recognize problems, understand and troubleshoot assays
- Analyze large complex data sets with statistical methodology
- Analyze test results from various sources, develop comprehensive technical recommendations
- Development of a variety of assays for various platforms, including RT-qPCR, microarray and/or Next Generation Sequencing
- Design, construct and execute controlled experiments (including DOE’s) to optimize test methods/equipment
- Drive implementation of solutions in a commercial environment
- Deliver results in a fast-paced, dynamic product development environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience
- B.S. in Biology or other scientific field with strong background in molecular biology
- >=5 years of assay development experience
- >=2 years industry experience
- Experience using DOE and CPM software to design and analyze data, desired
- Excellent troubleshooting and experimental design skills required
- Experience analyzing data from various sources: Arrays, qPCR, NGS, desired
- Proven track record working in individual and team environments
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits program that includes stock options, vacation and sick pay, medical/dental insurance, and 401(k).
Molecular Stethoscope is an Equal Opportunity Employer.